We are delighted to announce our Defender Typhoon Plus public order boot now meets the new British Institute Standard (BSI).
The revised standard reflects the changes of threats and operational needs of the user, including the need of further protection from petrol bombing and penetrative chemical threats.
The new standard allows for new technologies such as integral metatarsal protection, which removes the requirement for the external metatarsal guard. This has been done using D30 technology.
In meeting the new standard BS 7971-5-2016, the MLA Defender Typhoon boot has been improved and developed further to meet testing requirements.
• Inside tongue and collar now manufactured from leather to meet additional burning behaviour test. The tongue is not full leather in the BS 7971-5-2004 approved boot.
• Lace fixings changed from eyelets to D rings to meet additional chemical testing.
• Re-sourcing of boot laces to meet the flame spread testing and stay intact throughout the test. The boot has been designed to prevent laces failing after exposure to flame and allow officers to remain operationally deployable.
The MLA Defender Typhoon boot is available in the following two styles:
• MLA Defender Typhoon Plus
• MLA Defender Typhoon Plus with metatarsal guard.
Both boots are available for trial and for purchase through purchasing frameworks and specialist distributors throughout the UK.
Please contact us for more details on (01759) 318557 or firstname.lastname@example.org