MLA’s Police Boots are designed and manufactured to the highest standard. Both the MLA Defender boot and the MLA Typhoon boot are part of the National Framework Contracts standard and are fully certified to EC standards & BS 7971-5:2004.
MLA’s NEW Style Defender Typhoon Boot is one of the first in the UK to have passed the updated BSI standard: BS 7971-5:2016 and will be released mid 2018.
This revised standard covers footwear used in specialist operational situations and is intended to reduce the risk of injury to the user, who might be faced with threats such as
impact, heat, flame and the effects of certain liquids, which in some circumstances may be burning liquids.
From mid 2018 MLA will offer 2 different boot options at this standard:
Defender Typhoon - improvements to this boot include:
• D-ring lace system
• New fire retardant lace
Defender Typhoon - with Metatarsal Guard
This is the same boot with a metatarsal guard - reducing the need to purchase an over-the-boot guard, providing built in extra protection.
MLA's current Defender Typhoon Boot – pictured - will continue to be available until all stock is sold.
Available under the National Framework Contract for Public Order Equipment.
Typhoon PSU Boot
- Flame- and water-resistant leather upper with Kevlar® stitching
- Waterproof SympaTex breathable membrane
- Vibram® tactical outsole comfortable, durable and heatresistant (300ºC)
- Steel toe cap and full steel midsole
- Flame-retardant laces
- Shock-absorbing insole
- High-wicking breathable mesh lining
- 8mm foam padding around ankles
- Reinforced heel holds foot firmly
- Heat insulated
- Cold insulated
- Fast-lacing D rings
- Widest available range of sizes, individually shaped for men and women: UK men 7-13 and UK women 3-9
If a specific certificate is not listed please call us to check our records.
Click below to download or view our full Product Guide and see the whole range of Boots: